A Family Doctor for the 21st Century
Many people look back longingly to the days when the old-time family doctor was just a phone call away. A dedicated physician would look after each member of the family from birth through aging and had a full understanding of each person's health, history, and well-being.
This trusted advisor's role changed over the years, as major advancements in medicine and rapidly developing technology gave rise to the specialist - a doctor uniquely qualified to serve patients at different stages of their life and health.
Staten Island Physician Practice (SIPP) was formed out of a unique vision and desire to create the best possible healthcare environment for both individuals and families by providing cutting-edge medical care and accepting most insurance plans.
SIPP is truly your family practice for the 21st century.
Staten Island Physician Practice is a designated LEVEL 3 PATIENT-CENTERED MEDICAL HOME (PCMH).
PCMH is a recognition awarded to SIPP by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) that means EXCELLENCE.
A model of care provided by physician practices that seeks to strengthen the physician-patient relationship by replacing episodic care based on illness and patient complaints with coordinated care and a long term healing relationship.
- Personal MD with MD directed medical practice
- Whole person orientation
- Care is coordinated/integrated
Quality and Safety Hallmarks:
- Facilitates partnerships between patient/physician/family
- Coordinating care through information technology for prescriptions and care management
- Care is given in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner
- Use of evidence-based guidelines to treat chronic conditions
- Continuous Quality Improvement Program
For more information about NCQA visit http://www.ncqa.org
LIKE US on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/StatenIslandPhysicianPractice